General (708)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should I pursue coaching?

I am a high school senior and am considering the possibility of pursuing coaching basketball at the college level. I am not the typical per…

Started by Chris Mandt

5 Apr 4
Reply by Coach Stephen Thompson

Graduate Assistant Jobs

Hello Coaches, I have been emailing, calling, and using every source at my disposal since the end of the High School season trying to find…

Started by Stephen H Jaskulske Jr.

6 Apr 3
Reply by Stephen H Jaskulske Jr.

How many players to the glass?

The Virginia vs Michigan State game this weekend had a really interesting contrast in style of play.  MSU wants to get out and run and hamm…

Started by Coach Drew

4 Apr 3
Reply by Ronald Sen, MD

Bench Celebrations

I am all about having an enthusiastic bench but I would like that enthusiasm to come from being involved in the game.  This video below has…

Started by Hoop Coach

6 Apr 2
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

Parents Pushing Players

Bleacher Report has an article about the crazy early morning workouts that Witchita State point guard Fred VanVleet use to do with his step…

Started by Hoop Coach

2 Apr 1
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

Tom Izzo on Social Media

Michigan State Coach Tom Izzo has never been shy about his distaste for Twitter and other Social Media sites but in his most recent article…

Started by Hoop Coach

1 Apr 1
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

Become Graduate Assistant or stay as Head JV/ Assistant Varsity boys basketball coach

I am in a rut. I just finished my first year as a Head JV/Assistant Varsity boys basketball coach. Things are certainly looking promising f…

Started by Alan George II

6 Apr 1
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

Admitting mistakes as a coach

Hi!I'm a German youth coach, currently coaching a male U16 (14-15 y/o) team of what I would call a non-professional grassroots club in the…

Started by Bernd Linden

11 Apr 1
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

Next Step

My name is Ryan Wright. I am 3rd year Kinesiology major at the University of Texas at Austin. I have been coaching basketball since the age…

Started by Ryan Wright

1 Apr 1
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

Why do you need a degree to coach college ball?

Hi guys,   I was just wanting to know why must you have a degree to coach collegiate basketball in the states? I know of plenty of coaches…

Started by Kennedy Kereama

17 Apr 1
Reply by Gordon Kaplan

RSS

Sponsored Links

© 2014   Created by Coach Drew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service