General (773)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How long do you practice?

Do you decrease the length of your practice as the season progresses? I've been to a few clinics with a local D1 coach in my area and he at…

Started by Hoop Coach

8 Feb 24
Reply by Joel Simonds

Van Prep

Van prep is looking for men ages 17-24 for september.  The team is created to help young men get into or back into college and receive an…

Started by Coach Randall

0 Feb 23

Kicking a mule while hes down...

Last Friday, my team got beat 102-40. At half time the score was 58-20. I felt the other coach was trying to run up the score and displayed…

Started by Johnnie Williams

11 Feb 23
Reply by Quintin

Improving Game Free Throw Percentage

How do you improve your team's free throw percentage when they knock them down in practice but not in games?  How do you replicate the pres…

Started by Hoop Coach

5 Feb 20
Reply by Lindsay DeVries

REBOUNDING

Coaches,   I am having a hard time getting my players to crash the glass, it seems they all just want to sit back and watch the shot go up.…

Started by Cecil Kegans

21 Feb 18
Reply by Brian Gormley

High School coaches, how do you work with AAU?

How do you work with AAU?  Do you have rules and expectations surrounding your players and their inolvement with AAU?  Do you have conflict…

Started by Coach V

28 Feb 18
Reply by Tom

Team Chemistry in Tech Age

As a coach do you feel team bonding suffers because of things like Twitter, Youtube, SnapChat and Instagram?  On the bus it sometimes looks…

Started by Hoop Coach

2 Feb 17
Reply by Jim Thornton

Bouncing Back after a Tough Loss

What steps do you take to get your team to bounce back after a tough loss like a buzzer beater or overtime loss? How do you handle the next…

Started by Hoop Coach

1 Feb 15
Reply by Antonio Williams

How do you teach your players to contest shots?

What is your philosophy or rules for contesting shots? Do you just try to get a hand in the face? Do you try to get a hand high to change…

Started by Coach Drew

4 Feb 11
Reply by Brian Godziszewski

How many players to the glass?

The Virginia vs Michigan State game this weekend had a really interesting contrast in style of play.  MSU wants to get out and run and hamm…

Started by Coach Drew

5 Feb 9
Reply by Pedro Moniz Pereira da Silva

RSS

Sponsor

© 2015   Created by Coach Drew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service