General (748)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Player Development - Developing Players Who Don't Play

I feel like the best teams always have guys ready to play the next year. What I mean by this is that they have bench players who, when it i…

Started by Lucas Shapiro

8 Dec 24, 2014
Reply by J Howley

Admitting mistakes as a coach

Hi!I'm a German youth coach, currently coaching a male U16 (14-15 y/o) team of what I would call a non-professional grassroots club in the…

Started by Bernd Linden

15 Dec 19, 2014
Reply by J Howley

become a professional coach ?

all friends ... I need to become a professional coach and live the basketball for a living. What to do? Help me see the light

Started by KASSA Rodrigue Olivier

0 Dec 18, 2014

Why Big Men (Usually) Can't Coach Basketball

I've been waiting to post this article from the Wall St. Journal till it was closer to basketball season. Basically, it explains how few bi…

Started by Coach Drew

7 Dec 14, 2014
Reply by J Howley

Best part time jobs for non-full time coaches

What type of jobs or even specific jobs have you guys actually found to be flexible enough for non-fulltime head or assistant coaches? Than…

Started by Coach_Leo

1 Dec 12, 2014
Reply by Sam Sisley

What is a referee's impact on the game?

Great conversation going on at our Linkedin Group.  I thought I would try to get it started over here as well. What influence do you think…

Started by Coach Drew

8 Nov 30, 2014
Reply by Old. Coach

Master of the Full-Court Press

What college coaches would you consider masters of the full court press? I know Shaka does it well. Pitino is good. Who else? Man to man, z…

Started by The8thDeadlySin

3 Nov 28, 2014
Reply by Konstantinos Christofis

Match up zone defense

Hello everyone,   I hope all of you are having a great season.  I am an assistant at a small NAIA school.  After some conversations with my…

Started by Adam Tyhurst

15 Nov 27, 2014
Reply by Konstantinos Christofis

Beating Traps

General strategies and drills to teach, see attachment.

Started by Coach V

6 Nov 20, 2014
Reply by Coach V

The Story of the Gene Keady Combover

Answers to one of the greatest mysteries in College Basketball History - What's up with Gene Keady's hair?  An article in the IndyStar goes…

Started by Coach Drew

0 Nov 13, 2014

RSS

Sponsor

© 2015   Created by Coach Drew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service