General (761)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UVA' late game lob play

Here's a lob play to run against zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ITA_nq-ax8

Started by Lucas Shapiro

0 Feb 1

Philosophy on Yelling

What's your philosophy as a coach in regard to yelling at players?   Do you avoid it?   Do you do it often? Is there a time and place?   D…

Started by Hoop Coach

8 Jan 29
Reply by Craig E Stone

Basketball Speed and Agility: What Percentage Of Your Practice is Devoted To It?

Just finished reading this good article from basketball trainer Rich Stoner.  As a basketball trainer we mainly focus on skills development…

Started by Christopher Corbett

0 Jan 28

switching defenses

I was wondering if anyone has had to play against a defense that switched everything.  We are predominantly a space team but we do screen a…

Started by Brian Godziszewski

3 Jan 28
Reply by Brian Godziszewski

Strategy ideas for middle school with inexperienced kids?

I coach travel basketball.  I've been working with my team for about 5 years now.  They do quite well and I run a Read & React offense…

Started by Jim Thornton

18 Jan 26
Reply by Jim Thornton

What is your dream coaching job?

what would be you guys' dream coaching job? what age, level and gender? why? At the moment I am coaching college but I think my ultimate go…

Started by Sam Sisley

31 Jan 26
Reply by Tyler Junell

Individual skills coaches?

I am thinking about going into skills training. There are a lot of reasons why i think this would be a good fit for me as well as get some…

Started by Sam Sisley

4 Jan 21
Reply by Keith Smith

Defending Sideline PnR

I've heard about ways to defend sideline PnRs. Is there a difference between ICE and BLUE or are they just two different terms that mean th…

Started by Lucas Shapiro

1 Jan 16
Reply by John Kavanagh

Law Protecting Coaches from Parents

The State of Minnesota has a law on the books that makes it illegal to fire a coach entirely because of parent criticism. The existence of…

Started by Hoop Coach

6 Jan 15
Reply by Andrea Lorenz

EFFORT Stats

I am producing a set of spreadsheets to track and record "EFFORT STATS". Any suggestions as to what you consider to be the most important E…

Started by Bob Morrison

5 Jan 14
Reply by Bob Morrison

RSS

Sponsor

© 2015   Created by Coach Drew.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service