Location: North Carolina
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 189121
East Carolina University
Assistant Coach Basketball Women
Vacancy #: 982102
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes’ academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach (Head Coach), the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment as directed by the Head Coach.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties as described and assigned by the Head Coach for all meetings, practice sessions and competitions.
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Women’s Basketball recruiting coordinator to meet the objectives of the university and team, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled by the Head Coach.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and Women’s Basketball program to insure academic progress of the student-athlete as directed by the Head Coach.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Women’s Basketball program as directed by the Head Coach.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of East Carolina University, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with athletics, Pirate Club and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support ECU Pirate Club activities representing the Women’s Basketball program and ECU athletics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Collegiate women’s basketball coaching or playing experience required.
- Qualifications include the minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited position and must be conferred by the time of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
- East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 982102 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/52230