Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Coaching – Basketball
Assistant Coach II, Women’s Basketball
The Assistant Coach II, Women’s Basketball assists with all activities related to the Women’s Basketball program including recruitment, player development, monitoring academic performance, discipline, and social development.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Prepares and conducts practice sessions. Teaches individual and group game skills and techniques.
- Assists with game strategy and position assignments.
- Monitors academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans when needed.
- Promote the athletic program through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Complies with all University, ASUN or CCSA (Coastal Collegiate Sports Association) regulations, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations. Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, ASUN and CCSA rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics. This includes the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test, if applicable. Any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Travels throughout the country and internationally as assigned.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED certification or the ability to obtain within three months of employment. Enter required licenses or certifications
- Two years of full-time coaching experience in higher education athletics.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of all aspects of the sport and the ability to teach/coach collegiate student-athletes toward acquisition of those skills.
- Knowledge of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations and a strong commitment to maintain compliance with those rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate recruiting practices and an ability to identify athletic and academic talent.
- Knowledge of student-athlete intellectual, emotional and social development and an ability to guide athletes toward successful completion of an undergraduate degree while participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- Knowledge of and ability to administer first aid and CPR/AED.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to use independent judgment and remain flexible while prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to interact and represent FGCU professionally with a diverse constituency of students, faculty, alumni, and media.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing student needs and maintain consistent communication with supervisors and support staff in Athletic Department.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends as necessary.
Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.