SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Student athletes as appropriate
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Coach is responsible to support the efforts of the Head Coach in conducting a representative program in the sport. Duties specified below will be the specific responsibilities for which the Assistant Coach will be paid. To provide the Assistant Coach with additional opportunity for involvement and professional growth, a variety of other activities (for example, recruiting, team meetings, scouting, etc.) will be offered to the Assistant Coach for participation on a voluntary basis. If an Assistant Coach elects to participate in any additional activities on behalf of the individual sport or the Athletic Department, it is with the understanding that these are strictly voluntary actions that will not result in additional compensable hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist head coach in practice organization, game planning, and game day coaching.
- Assist head coach with all phases of recruiting: identifying and attracting prospects to Moravian College, evaluating prospects through film and school visits.
- Assist head coach with scheduling of prospect campus visits, and home visits.
- Assist head coach with development of student-athletes by advising, educating, and motivating.
- Assist head coach with team building and character development of student-athletes.
- Assist with administrative duties as directed by the head coach including: academic supervision of team members, travel arrangements for away games, recruiting data and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with other coaching, recruiting and/or administrative responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the head coach.
- Performs other duties and special projects that may be assigned.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree and related professional experience, or a combination of experiences leading to similar qualification, required.
- Experience: Coaching at the intercollegiate level preferred; related coaching experience in other areas/levels considered (directly related personal experience or college courses may be substituted equally for up to one year’s experience); or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential to deal with all constituencies within and outside of the College community including but not limited to students, parents, staff, and faculty.
- Flexibility of time necessary to make commitment to varying time needs of the position.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking here. Please attach documents as a PDF file.
- Occasionally required to remain seated in a normal position for long periods of time
- Regularly required to walk about
- Regularly required to maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running
- Routinely required to reach up and out with hands and arms
- Regularly required to talk and hear; verbally express information or instructions
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp objects, type, pick up objects, move objects, or hold objects
- Routinely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Regularly required to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and carry a distance of 10 feet
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull up to 25 pounds a distance of 10 feet
- Routinely required to stand for long periods of time
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Depth perception and the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Adjustable focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The individual is routinely exposed to indoor conditions, minimum outdoor weather and temperature extremes, and moderate noise level.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.