- Collaborates with the head coach on all aspects of the management and direction of the program in conjunction with the overall strategic plan for Athletics; assumes the duties of the head coach in his/her absence.
- Assist with coordinating and overseeing the recruitment of student athletes; contact high/prep school coaches to identify prospective recruits.
- Assist with contacting and evaluating prospective recruits; prepare and distribute recruiting information; may assist in recruiting efforts with the Admission Office.
- Plan, with Head Coach and full-time Assistant Coach (if applicable), recruiting trips based on contacts; attend off-campus games for the purpose of evaluation.
- Maintain accurate records of all contacts.
- Maximize efficient use of e-mail, internet, phone, letters, and personal contact.
- Assist with practice and games as needed as directed by Head Coach which includes teaching advanced level skills and game strategies.
- Assist monitoring academic progress of student-athletes; serve as a mentor to athletes helping to resolve academic and non-academic issues; be available to coaches and players before, during, and after practices, games, and events.
- Scout opponents during playing season; prepare, plan, conduct, and evaluate practice sessions as required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least one year of previous coaching experience preferred.
- Hepatitis B vaccination and training in compliance with OSHA regulations; must maintain both throughout time in the position.
- Must obtain/maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to communicate by telephone.
- Computer proficiency.
- Compliance with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Babson College rules.
- Commitment to working with a diverse student body, staff, and other constituents.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Regular physical exertion, walking and exposure to weather are required; ability to travel; light lifting required (50 pounds and under); and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends, and to travel in person and stay overnight (for one or more nights) for all regular and post-season games, conferences, and tournaments as identified and directed by the Head Coach.
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College’s insurer’s criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College’s vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee’s driving record based on the College insurer’s criteria; and safety training as required by management.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous college playing and coaching experience preferred.
- Experience with Experience with software/online programs related to game film (i.e. Synergy) preferred.