Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball
Closes: Open Until Filled
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student’s own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant Coach for Women’s Basketball. This position assists in the coaching duties of the women’s basketball program governed by NCAA Operating Bylaws. Oversees one or more specified areas of the sporting discipline or component of a team and assists the Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and training of student-athletes, and the total organization and administration of the program, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with day to day duties: including planning, development, and direction of all team training and conditioning activities.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of scouting reports, game film, film breakdown, as well as film exchange program.
- Assists in developing a recruitment strategy for prospective student athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Assists with Women’s Basketball operations under the supervision of the Head Coach. This includes managing the overall budget, coordinating team travel, room reservations, and meals.
- Assists in developing a stronger social media platform for the Women’s Basketball program.
- May perform administrative duties including working with purchasing/facility manager on ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies, and event management.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and position will remain open until filled. Hiring into this position is contingent on successful continuation of institutionally phased varsity practices.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of the specified sports program. Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid Driver’s License, CPR, First Aid, and appropriate sport specific certification.
The College of Wooster is an independent college of the liberal arts and sciences with a commitment to excellence in undergraduate education. The College values diversity, strives to attract qualified women and minority candidates, and encourages individuals belonging to these groups to apply. Wooster seeks to ensure diversity by its policy of employing persons without regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or political affiliation.
The College of Wooster is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is subject to federal laws requiring verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. The College of Wooster is a drug-free workplace.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.