Location: Thatcher, Arizona
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 1041
Assist in the management of the 2022-23 operating budget while giving input to the 2023-24 budget. Assist in directing the recruitment, eligibility, conditioning, training, practice, game play and behavioral conduct of the athletes in this program. Assist athletes in academic and athletic preparation for graduation and/or transfer to four-year institutions as well as advise, evaluate, and mentor students. Ensure compliance with all regulations, rules, procedures, and policies as established by the ACCAC, NJCAA, and Graham County Community College District. Assist in the preparation of schedules, rosters, communications, etc. regarding the program. Assist in fundraising. Assist in Basketball camps. Perform other duties as assigned that may include game management, web page content, social media, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, related experiences, ability, and qualifications.
- Successful experience recruiting desired student athletes.
- Basketball coaching experience.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diversity of our student population.
- Willing and able to travel extensively fulfilling job responsibilities.
- The ability to develop and promote the ideas of sportsmanship, ethics, leadership, and excellence in effort – both on and off the court – in student athletes.
- Collegiate level basketball coaching experience.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the community college philosophy and mission of Eastern Arizona College.
- Experience recruiting collegiate level student athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both on-campus and off-campus constituents.
- CPR certification.
To apply and learn more about this position, please visit: