Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the University’s mission and athletic department core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of NCAA Division II, Sunshine State Conference, and Lynn University.
- Participates in planning practice and training sessions.
- At the direction of the head coach, assists with auxiliary coaching services including laundry, team locker room oversight, study hall monitoring, compliance paperwork, team travel arrangements, and competitor scouting.
- Provides the resources in terms of both knowledge of the sport and community involvement necessary for a high quality NCAA Division II program.
- Assists the Head Coach in the areas of recruiting, scouting, coaching, training, purchasing, community relations, academic monitoring, and necessary paperwork to create a successful student-athlete centered environment.
- Follows NCAA, SSC, and Lynn University rules and regulations as well as adhering to the policies and procedures set forth by these constituents
- Assists the Head Coach directly in day-to-day coaching activities of the team. Includes offering advice and expertise as it pertains to practice and game preparation, practice and game coaching, individual skill instruction, strength and conditioning, and any function as it pertains to team and its individuals
- Assist in all recruiting efforts including prospect identification and evaluation, developing, monitoring, and maintaining working recruiting lists, making initial contact and follow up, developing relationship with prospect and advisors including phone calls, emails, mailings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Previous collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Clean driving record
- Level II background check required
- High level of professionalism and ethics
- The ability to articulate the Lynn University Fighting Knights core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, inspire and lead others.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated flexibility, time management, initiative, organizational skills and daily multi-tasking.