ASSISTANT COACH – Women’s Basketball
Reports to: Head Coach
Classification: Full-time, 9-month Employee
Pay Status: Academic Management Support
Fringe Benefits per Board Policy
Position: This position reports to the Head Coach of that sport and is responsible for all procedures and activities relating to the designated sport program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide premier quality service to all constituencies of the College.
- Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and retain student-athletes to fill the team from outside the general student body and meet minimum program numbers as assigned by the Athletic Director;
- Assist the Head Coach in implementing a comprehensive plan for student-athletes to develop their skills through weight training, conditioning, and practice;
- Assist the Head Coach with guiding student-athletes’ academic progress including overseeing study hall and monitoring class attendance;
- Supervise team managers, and college work-study students;
- Oversee workouts in weight room and practice site as directed by the Head Coach;
- Assist graduating student-athletes in transferring on to appropriate four-year institutions;
- Monitor behavior of student athletes and administer discipline when needed;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of and abide by current NJCAA, Region VI, KJCCC, and NCCC rules and regulations.
- Assist the Head Coach in gathering necessary documentation for completion of NJCAA eligibility forms ;
- Assist the Head Coach in requesting funds for necessary purchases including equipment, uniforms, travel, and other items within the given budget;
- Drive and/or supervise school vehicles for recruiting and team travel;
- Attend all athletic meetings called by the Administration;
- Monitor financial obligations of student athletes to the college;
- Perform non-coaching duties as assigned;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive school vehicles per board policy.
- Ability to drive up to 12 passenger van.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work irregular hours including some evenings and weekend.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment.
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year experience coaching the sport preferred;
- Experience at a community college preferred.
- Normal office working environment.
- Ability to sit in an office chair for long periods while operating a personal computer is required.
- The employee is required to walk extensively, sit, stand, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to occasionally lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds is required.
- Weekends will be required as well as some flexibility in early or late hours.
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references unofficial transcripts, and employment application to:
Human Resources Director, Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment application available at www.neosho.edu/careers.aspx.
Review of applications begins upon receipt.
NCCC is an EOE/AA employer
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at: