Location: Medford, Massachusetts
Coaching – Basketball
Located five miles from downtown Boston, Tufts University is a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the highly-competitive New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). Tufts students participate in 30 varsity sports, 20 club sports and a number of intramural sports. Tufts Athletics has won eleven NCAA team championships since 2010 and has finished in the top 10 of the Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup in each of the last eight years, including a program-best 3rd place finish in 2016-17. Tufts Athletics oversees the Physical Education Department and manages all athletics facilities, including the Steve Tisch Sports & Fitness Center that opened in 2012. The Department of Athletics provides student-athletes a dynamic, transformational experience on and off the field. They experience the joy of personal growth inherent in high level competition, while cultivating lifelong connections with teammates, the Tufts community and the world around us.
What You’ll Do
Assists the Head Coach in all aspects of running an NCAA Division III women’s basketball program by educating and coaching student-athletes, recruiting highly selective prospective student-athletes, developing and implementing practice sessions and game strategies, and supporting student-athletes in their personal, academic and athletic growths and development at Tufts.
What We’re Looking For
Minimum Required Experience, Education, Background, And Certifications/Licenses
• Bachelor’s degree and prior coaching experience;
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to develop and relate to student-athletes in an extremely competitive academic environment;
• Dedication to the full academic, athletic and social development of student-athletes;
• Commitment to gender equity, rules compliance, diversity and inclusion and the mission of Tufts University; and
• Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel.
Additional Preferred Experience, Education, etc.
• Prior experience coaching at the collegiate level
• Prior competitive playing experience