Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division I women’s basketball program including: student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and game coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
- Assist in all aspects of the student-athlete development and performance of the women’s basketball program, to include:
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Scouting of future opponents.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation of game strategies, and basketball analytics
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the women’s basketball program.
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- Assist with administrative functions with the women’s basketball program:
- Liaison to the Athletic Healthcare office for athletic healthcare and mental health matters
- Coordinate and oversee basketball summer camps and clinics.
- Assist Head Coach with alumni relations and outreach.
- Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Assisting the head coach in coordinating all aspects of fund-raising and community service.
- Providing leadership and direction to the program’s community service activities.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing strategies designed to enhance the image and visibility of the women’s basketball program.
- Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- 1-3 years successful experience coaching basketball at the college level.
- CPR, First Aid, CLERY and Title IX certification required within the first 30 days of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with college students.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a background check and criminal offender record information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/822/lowell/en-us/job/508716/assistant-coach-womens-basketball
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.