Location: Durham, New Hampshire
Preferred Education: Masters
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 189829
Assistant Coach – Women’s Basketball
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire, and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide
Summary of Position
The main function of this position is to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the women’s basketball program, with a primary emphasis on talent assessment and recruitment of quality student-athletes.
- Assist the head coach in planning and maintaining the Women’s Basketball program including developing game plans, training and conditioning programs; organizing practice sessions; developing and retaining athletically talented student-athletes to compete successfully within the conference, regionally and or nationally.
- Coordinator of Recruiting. Assist the head coach in organization of program recruiting, setting up weekly meetings and staying NCAA compliant
- Encourage student-athletes to perform to their highest academic potential, assist in monitoring student-athletes’ progress toward degree requirements to remain eligible. Give attention to the retention and eligibility of student-athletes as it impacts your sport’s Academic Progress Rate (APR) and Graduation Success Rate (GSR). 20%
- Assist the head Women’s Basketball coach in engaging team members in community outreach activities.
- Assess talent and actively recruit talented student-athletes to the women’s basketball program who are suitable for the UNH academic programs
- Pass the NCAA coaches certification test, attend all mandatory NCAA compliance meetings and maintain appropriate forms and documentation in office files to be reviewed upon request. Maintain competency with respect to knowledge of, compliance with, state and federal laws, University policies/ regulations, America East Conference rules/policies, and NCAA rules. Report to the Director of Athletics any violation of NCAA, conference, and or institutional rules
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a strong alumni, parent, and booster support for the women’s basketball team, including assistance with the team’s booster group. Promote the sport in the state, New England , the region and nationally. Assist the head coach in pursuit of strong print and media attention.
- Assist with fundraising, camps, clinics, and fundraising for scholarships to support the women’s basketball program 5.
Additional Job Information
UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption. You may not test out of this requirement.
Other Minimum Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Expertise in recruiting high level student-athletes.
- Ability to represent the University on a high professional level, with dignity, integrity, and strength of character. Respect the rights and dignity of each student-athlete, display sensitivity to diversity issues and work to create an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree is preferred. Additional preferred qualifications include: coaching at the Division I level, public relations skills, the ability to coordinate and supervise a staff, and experience as a former basketball player.
- The successful candidate will also have demonstrated a commitment to promoting excellence to achieving ethnic, gender and cultural diversity.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Applicants must apply https://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/48618
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.