Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball
Williams Women’s Basketball is steeped in tradition and excellence, having appeared in the NCAA Tournament multiple times. Our team advanced to the Sweet 16 in 2020, only to be cut short due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Our program is committed to helping our team achieve its highest potential by focusing on developing the student-athletes holistically in a competitive and positive environment, while upholding the core values and philosophies of the Women’s Basketball program. Williams College and Williams Women’s Basketball are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams College invites applicants for 2 open coaching positions with the Women’s Basketball program:
- 1st Assistant – a full time 10 month position with the possibility of renewal. The salary is $26,750 and includes health and dental insurance and a full meal plan. The position also provides full tuition-remission of graduate school after six months of
- 2nd Assistant/JV Coach – a full time 6 month position with the possibility of renewal. The salary is $16,000 and includes health and dental insurance and a full meal
Williams College, located in Williamstown, MA is a liberal arts institution and member of the competitive NCAA Division III New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). We strongly value the liberal arts experience and the balance of our student-athletes academic pursuits in addition to their athletic and extracurricular commitments.
- Assisting the head coach in practice planning and execution
- Individual skill development
- Film Breakdown and Analysis
- Recruitment of Student-Athletes year round
- Assist with planning team events
- Clinic Organization and Planning
- Social Media and Alumni Events
- Equipment Management
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and collegiate playing or coaching experience required
- 1+ years of collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of NESCAC and NCAA Division III policies and strong interpersonal skills are
- Successful candidates will possess self-motivation, communication and organizational skills, openness
- to learning new methods, and a passion for coaching and mentorship of a diverse student-athlete population
- Valid driver’s license is required
Application review will begin on 9/15/21, and will continue until the position is filled. These positions include health and dental insurance and a full meal plan. The positions also provide full
tuition-remission of graduate school after six months of employment and more. Job band 3-C. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at [email protected].