Location: Springfield, Ohio
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 148318
Wittenberg University is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Coach for Women’s Basketball. This individual will assist the head coach with leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III Women’s Basketball program. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt-level position reporting to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the head coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Provide service to the Institution as assigned by Director of Athletics & Recreation, reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities & Events.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Conduct student-worker hiring, training, and supervision.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree and at least 1-3 years of previous collegiate coaching or playing experience with the post position. Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be able to interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators. Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media platforms, and recruiting software (i.e. Frontrush).
Travel is required as well as some evening, night, and weekend work.
A valid driver’s license is required; must meet required insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. If license is from out of state, successful candidate will need to obtain a valid Ohio driver’s license within 30 days of hire date.