- Oversee the daily student-athlete recruiting operational and logistical processes for Women’s Basketball.
- Maintain recruitment database, create and update recruiting lists at the direction of the coaching staff. Ensuring all activities are compliant with NCAA rules and regulations in conjunction with our Intercollegiate Athletics Compliance Recruitment & Eligibility Coordinator.
- Plan and creates intercollegiate athletics specific visual solutions to communications problems in support of the operational and strategic aspects of the Women’s Basketball program.
- Find the most effective way to get intercollegiate athletics’ messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques.
- Take photos of the team during photo shoots, practices, and games.
- In conjunction with Marketing department, develop and coordinate social media efforts for Women’s Basketball team. Deliver compelling programs that maximize reach, engagement, and impact for the Women’s Basketball brand on a local and global scale.
- Coordinate content and the maintenance of Women’s Basketball social media accounts (i.e. community management, promotional sweepstakes, analytics) with the goal of growing and engaging our social media community.
- Ensures all materials adhere to brand identity and guidelines of Cal Athletics. Maintain consistent style, themes, and marketing strategies for all Women’s Basketball creative content.
- Assist coaching staff with the planning and coordination of official and unofficial visits to campus including the arranging and follow through of all logistics (i.e. itineraries, travel, hotel, hosts, meals, compliance paperwork, complimentary tickets, etc.) and the completion and submission of required paperwork and expense reports related to events and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of Division 1 College Basketball
- Problem-solving skills; multi-task, work with frequent interruptions, and effective listener.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Self-motivated. Ability to adapt to new challenges and finds ways to solve them.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of current social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc) and how to create, implement, and execute a social media strategy and calendar
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce videos that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Ability to capture live sporting events with single-camera coverage and a documentary “all-access” style
- Ability to edit footage to use for a variety of formats including television and Internet.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Knowledge of current NCAA Compliance rules and regulations regarding recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Previous experience in a Division 1, Power 5 Basketball program
For more information on our department, please visit www.calbears.com. The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
It is mandatory that you apply for this position on the Berkeley Jobs Website by visiting http://jobs.berkeley.edu, indicating job #17038. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.