Location: Lubbock, Texas
Internal Number: 3142112
Assistant Director, Communications
Assistant in the planning and development of various daily business functions for various departments within the athletic organization. Ensure the athletic organization maintains a favorable public and stakeholder perception while fulfilling the organization’s strategic mission.
- Develop and manage publicity for various teams, serving as the primary contact for soccer and men’s and women’s golf and a secondary contact for men’s basketball. Will assist with other sports as assigns.
- Write, research, compile and edit various athletic department communications materials including press releases, game notes, game programs and feature articles for soccer, men’s and women’s golf as well as other sports as assigned.
- Coordinate game day operations and supervise game day staff for soccer, men’s and women’s golf as well as other sports as assigned.
- Assist in overall maintenance and upkeep of athletic department website (www.texastech.com) with specific focus on assigned sports.
- Responsible for updating record books and student-athlete/coaches’ bios in a timely manner.
- Serve as social media contact for assigned sports. Contribute to the department’s social media communication efforts.
- Arrange public appearances and coordinate interviews with head coach and student-athletes for assigned sports.
- Promote student-athletes and coaches for various national, regional and conference awards.
- Manage all host responsibilities in regards to television and media members.
- Assist in mentoring and assigning projects to student workers and interns.
- Responsible for maintaining statistical archives–both current and historical—for designated sports.
- Work closely with creative services staff to schedule and develop content ideas for coaches and student-athletes.
- Comply with all NCAA, Big 12 and Texas Tech rules, regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one (1) year related experience; OR a combination of related education and/or experience to equal five (5) years.
Minimum one (1) year of full-time progressive athletic communications/media relations/sports information experience in a collegiate or professional setting. Degree preferred in journalism, communications or related field.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.