Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, or closely related field required.
• Competent with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Stat Crew knowledge and experience in volleyball, baseball, softball, basketball, and soccer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong writing background with proven experience in game reporting, feature article writing, and other forms of sports writing.
• Knowledge of print, broadcast, and web communications principles and strategies.
• Knowledge of media relations practices.
• Knowledge of sports and athletic programs.
• Competence in Stat Crew software for the following sports: Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball.
• Familiarity with marketing and promotional principles and strategies.
• Ability to implement university policies, procedures, and practices.
• Ability to promote MSU Billings Athletics through multiple media, marketing, advertising, public relations, and promotional strategies.
• Experience using social media to effectively execute marketing strategies.
• Ability to collect, compile, and report sports data and information.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including news media representatives, coaches, faculty, student-athletes, and others.
• Ability to operate a personal computer keyboard and/or computer terminal for data analysis and compilation, and for the preparation of articles, reports, and other materials.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in interpersonal relations.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
• Master’s degree in related field
• Experience in sports marketing
• Experience in sports information, communications, marketing and/or public relations.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, Light Room, etc.)
• Experience conducting on-camera interviews both as a third-party and as an on-camera host.