Location: 27695, North Carolina
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Operations – Marketing/Promotions
The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University. This position is in support of the NC State Men’s Division 1A Basketball program that competes in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC).
- This position serves as the Assistant Director for Creative Brand Management for Men’s Basketball program (MBB). Key responsibilities include:
- Serves as the point-person for developing, implementing and executing brand building initiatives for NC State Men’s basketball program, staff and players. These initiatives and activities include helping tell the story of the program and individuals through media (web, social media, etc.)
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the trends in relation to Name, Image and Likeness for the athletes and developing and managing individual and collective brand of NC State basketball through the development of media.
- Responsible for promoting NC State MBB brand growth and expansion, implementing brand plans, and using a variety of data to drive volume and profitability. focused on achieving brand objectives in the short and long term.
- Serves the NC State basketball program in the area of creative services producing video and marketing communication materials that consistently identify, drive and communicate information about players and the team on a variety of platforms, including but not limited to print, web, social media and internal team distribution; creates content for recruiting and helps with media, marketing and motivational strategy for the team.
- Present on court and in locker room on game days. Work nights, weekends, holidays and non-traditional hours. Required to work quickly, efficiently, and with adaptability under strict deadlines.
- Responsible for projects from start to finish.
- Serves as a liaison for the basketball program and with other areas of the department and the University.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA, ACC and University policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Coaches and Administration.
Required: High school diploma or equivalency and two years of visual/graphic arts experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Work experience and knowledge of video production, including but not limited to shooting, non-linear editing, color correction, audio editing.
- Experience shooting sport in-game action, preferably experience with basketball.
- Knowledge of professional and cinematic video cameras.
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience within NCAA Division I college or professional program.
- Proven success producing creative and innovative multi-media content.
- Experience in other multi-media production platforms (web sites, animation, and graphic design).
- Knowledge of a collegiate athletics department and the NCAA structure.
- Strong communication skills, creativity, and flexibility.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage numerous deadlines effectively.