Location: Amherst, MA, USA
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 176932253
Casual Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach position. The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach is a part-time position, without benefits. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach will report to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the Men’s Basketball Program including the recruitment of a diverse set of student-athletes, assisting with daily operations, practice implementation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach and Director of Athletics. Requires a variable schedule; night, weekend work, and overnight travel to away meets and tournaments will be required. The Assistant Coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse student body and workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming environment.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaching – Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skills and teamwork Analyze the performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Recruiting – Participate in scouting and recruitment of a diverse set of prospective student-athletes Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes’ application process Help coordinate and organize
- Program responsibilities – Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations Work with the Head Coach to develop and strengthen team culture and create a diverse and inclusive program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary. Requires successful completion of Five College Risk Management driver credentialing program. (See: )
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
- An understanding of the role intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Interestedcandidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at . Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.