Location: St. Peter, Minnesota
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 1976
Gustavus Adolphus College, an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC), is seeking applications for a full-time Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach (75%) and Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach (25%). This is a full-time 10-month position.
In accordance with all NCAA, MIAC and College policies and procedures, the successful applicant will possess a proven ability to coach college basketball, as well as recruit the best possible student-athletes within the rules and guidelines of the NCAA and Gustavus Admissions. This individual will help with all aspects of running the program under the direction of the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help plan, organize, and execute the administration of practices and game strategies. • Recruit and retain academically and athletically qualified student-athletes. Meet with prospective student-athletes on and off campus. Work closely with and within the guidelines of the Admission office. • Assist in practice planning, game planning, video breakdowns, and other basketball duties. • Monitor and evaluate academic performance of student-athletes. • Responsible for the development of student-athletes. • Help with team events such as: fundraising, community service, etc. • Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and professionalism. • Actively cultivate and maintain alumni relationships. • Create offseason Strength & Conditioning programs for a variety of sports. • Lead and instruct Strength & Conditioning workouts/sessions. • All other duties as assigned.
To apply for this position, please continue the process on our website.
A complete application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
• Online Application • Resume • Cover Letter • Contact information for three references
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Gustavus Adolphus College is one of the nation’s leading private liberal arts colleges serving over 2,200 students. The College aspires to be a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people. Known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus is located on a scenic 340-acre hill in St. Peter, Minnesota only one hour southwest of the Twin Cities.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent coaching experience.
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Collegiate coaching experience.