Location: Oneonta, New York
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Hartwick College (a NCAA Division III institution and member of the Empire 8) is accepting applications for a full-time, 9-month assistant coach for its men’s basketball program. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified scholar-athletes, game-day preparation, practice implementation, social media, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising. This position will also include other assignment(s) by the Director of Athletics. Position responsibilities must be completed in accordance with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, College, Empire 8, NCAA, and other related association rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in all facets of a competitive NCAA athletic program including but not limited to the recruitment of qualified scholar-athletes, game-day preparation, practice implementation, social media, support for the head coach and program, team management, community service projects, and fundraising.
- Other assignment(s) as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- As a college employee, this person is expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Comply with all Federal, State, local, NCAA, Empire 8 Conference, College, and department regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with experience coaching and/or playing at the college or equivalent level required.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
The successful candidate must possess computer skills, recruiting capabilities, leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills and must be knowledgeable of NCAA Division III rules and regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the College.
All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.