Location: Sacramento, California
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Depends on position
Coaching – Basketball
Assistant Coach appointments will be made at either the Coaching Specialist (12 mon./10 mon.) or Coaching Assistant (12 mon./10 mon.) classifications.
4 openings available.
Internal Number: 511924
The positions report directly to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach. Assistant Coach appointments will be made at either the Coaching Specialist (12 mon./10 mon.) or Coaching Assistant (12 mon./10 mon.) classifications. Responsibilities of Assistant Coaches for Men’s Basketball at Sacramento State vary by classification. These may include:
Recruit academically and athletically qualified, full-time student-athletes to participate in the program; Plan, organize and facilitate the on-going development of practices, competitions and the athletic programming/activities of the program in order to build a cohesive and competitive program; Teach and lead student-athletes including a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, academically selective student population; Promote student development activities that include team bonding and study program in support of academic progress and graduation of student-athletes; Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, in accordance with NCAA, Conferences, and Sacramento State rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, from an accredited institution of higher education;
- 1-5+ years’ of experience coaching basketball;
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules and regulations;
- Proven ability to establish good rapport and effective working relationships with student-athletes, administrators, faculty, staff and the community;
- Sound judgement, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of basketball skills, strategies, and teaching progressions;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record at the time of appointment. Before operating a vehicle on state business, the applicant must complete and sign the University’s vehicle use agreement;
- Ability to work during normal business hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to inclusion and diversity including but not limited to differences in ethnicity, national origin, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification and ability.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel as required.
- 1+ years’ of experience coaching or playing basketball at the collegiate level;
- 1+ years’ of experience coaching or playing basketball at the Division I level;