Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach position.
This position reports to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and the Director of Athletics.
– Practice and game preparation & execution.
– Breakdown and editing film of team practices, games and future opponents’ games.
– Creation of opponent scouting reports, and game plan for success.
– Identification and recruitment of high-quality student-athletes, including travel to see recruits play/practice, communicate with recruits, parents, high school & AAU coaches, etc.
– Maintain recruiting database.
– Create recruiting material, including hard copies and digital material.
– Maintain team social media accounts.
– Communications with alumni and program sponsors/donors.
– Plan and execute annual Alumni Game & Alumni Day.
– Monitor and track academic progress of student-athletes.
– Help create and monitor strength & conditioning program of student-athletes.
– Promote, plan and execute both summer youth camps and high school summer league.
– Create and maintain effective working relationship with multiple departments across campus, including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
– Explore, plan and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the athletic department as a whole.
– Plan, schedule and coordinate team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
– Other duties within both the men’s basketball program and the athletic department as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
Applicants should apply online with a cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references at https://my.northland.edu/job/assistant-mens-basketball-coach/
Contact Scott Sorenson at [email protected] with questions.