- Earned Bachelor’s degree;
- At least one year of collegiate men’s basketball coaching experience;
- Demonstrated ability to recruit student-athletes;
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations;
- Proven career path;
- Effective communication (oral, written, and interpersonal) skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with player development;
- Experience monitoring academic progress of student-athletes;
- Division I collegiate coaching experience;
- Knowledge and adherence to NCAA Division I rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated summer camp, fundraising, and public relations experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled. Review of applications will begin as they are received with full consideration date of June 3, 2021.
APPLICATION PROCESS: SDSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu, search by the position title, view the job announcement, and click on “apply for this job.” This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment.
It is the policy of the University to maintain a drug-free environment and to thereby establish, promote, and maintain a safe and healthy working and learning environment for employees and students. This position is subject to South Dakota State University’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy 4:14.
For questions on the position, contact Tyler Glidden, search chair, at 605-688-5625 or [email protected].