Location: Dodge City, Kansas
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Jr. Collegiate Sports
Internal Number: 1046
Under the direct supervision of the Head Women’s Basketball Coach, the Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach will assist in all aspects of developing the basketball program and promoting sports at Dodge City Community College.
Dodge City Community College is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, ancestry or national origin.
- To understand and commit to the Mission of the College ~ Dodge City Community College provides a student-centered learning environment where students can achieve their educational, personal, and career goals.
- Assist the Head Women’s Basketball Coach with the recruitment of all basketball student-athletes; this will include phone recruitment, social media correspondence, traveling both in-state and out of state, coordinating campus visits, etc.
- Assist with practices, game planning, and weight lifting/conditioning; this will include scouting opponents, assistance in practice scheduling, game film breakdown, assist the head coach with teaching skills and strategy of the game, running practices in the absence of a head coach, set up and tear down of equipment, assist the head coach with the weight lifting program and assist in coaching strength training programs as designated by the head coach.
- Assist with administrative duties. This will include budgeting, purchasing, travel planning, special event planning, maintaining inventory, and providing assistance to the head coach for fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and Athletic Director
The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the Essential Functions and Responsibilities. The job description may not be inclusive of all duties and job responsibilities. Administration has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required.
- Must have satisfactory written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of NJCAA and KJCCC rules and regulations.
- Student workers
- Student athletes
Physical Requirements: With or without assistance
- Ability to lift at 50 lbs equipment with or without assistance
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time and operate a
- Ability to operate, transport, and set up equipment and technologies.
- Student Activities Center