Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach & Facilities Assistant
Department: Athletics & Physical Education Department
Duration of Position: Academic year / Full time
Position Type: Administrator
Posting Removal Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 1001821
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, 75 miles north of New York City, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach/Facilities Assistant. This is a benefit-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and the Associate Athletics Director for Facilities and Events. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are required.
The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III basketball program including, but not limited to:
- On-court instruction for practices and games;
- Creation of practice plans;
- Player and team development;
- Academic monitoring;
- Game strategies and competitive coaching;
- Scouting opponents and game film preparation/video exchange;
- Recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes;
- Budget management;
- Team travel;
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for facilities and events include: Assisting the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities & Events in the administration of all departmental facilities, uniforms and equipment, and event management, including but not limited to:
- Game site management including pre-game set-up and cleanup for home athletics contests and oversight and training of student workers;
- Assistance with laundry and equipment during break periods;
- Occasional building and desk supervision of the Athletics & Fitness Center (AFC);
- Identifying maintenance and repairs items as necessary;
- Other facilities duties as assigned.
Starting Date for this position is August 15, 2020.
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA and the Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license along with the successful result of a background check are mandatory.
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and regulations.
- Certification in CPR, AED and First Aid is necessary but can be obtained through Vassar College as needed.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to the Division III philosophy.
Required Applicant Documents
Contact Information for 3 References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a résumé and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) to: https://employment.vassar.edu. No applications by email will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For additional information please visit Vassar at www.vassar.edu.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
Anticipated Start Date:
Anticipated End Date (If Applicable):
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu.
Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.