Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 2750
- COACHING/INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM INSTRUCTION
- NCAA RULES/COMPLIANCE
- COMMUNITY/PUBLIC RELATIONS
- ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENTS
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
– Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes on rules and fundamentals, pre-competition activities, skill attainment, techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory performance in a safe manner and team concepts that are specific to team needs. Provide individualized coaching, tutoring and mentoring to student-athletes, including preparatory work. Assess student-athletes skill attainment demonstrated during practice, competition and in film. Review video of opponent performance and subsequently design individual and team instruction for AIC student-athletes. Determine specific daily practice activities that are organized, creative and valuable for the student-athletes. Keep informed of modern trends, techniques and strategies; transferring the knowledge in the development and implementation of game strategy and position assignments. Emphasize values of competitive athletics, acceptable personal behavior, decision-making and lasting values to each individual. Always serves as an exemplary professional.
– Work collaboratively with the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid to effectively recruit new student-athletes that have the ability to achieve success academically and athletically at AIC. Abides by all recruiting rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA.
– Communicate skillfully with colleagues, subordinates and student-athletes. Maintains self-control and sets an example for sportsmanlike conduct in relationships with your team, officials, administration and opponents in victory or defeat. Provides clear direction of responsibility and authority. Attend and contribute to department meetings and functions.
– Always adhere to Conference and NCAA rules (when applicable).
– Actively support student-athlete participation in community outreach efforts. Develop and maintain positive relationship with interested segment of the community.
– Assess team competitive performance versus expectations. Analyze how well did the team play when compared with expectations; make adjustments as necessary.
– Perform additional responsibilities, including, but not limited to driving team vans, (as assigned by the Head Basketball Coach).
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Degree(s): Master’s degree
Preferred Field of Expertise: Coaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
Required Training/Cert: Required to pass NCAA recruiting exam within 90 days of employment. Must maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use or must obtain certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) within one year of employment.
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of the sport of basketball
Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as the schedule dictates
Knowledge of NCAA regulations
Ability to work within a diverse environment
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach, is a full-time exempt, benefits level position, not limited to 35 hours per week. The schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends, and holidays required as the schedule dictates.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application found here.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
With limited exceptions, all AIC employees are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. See the complete policy by clicking here.