Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002714
Department: 3900310201-Extramural Physical Activities
Position Status: Full-Time
Athletics. The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach assists the Head Coach in all aspects of recruitment, scheduling, training, fundraising, and academics for the Women’s Basketball team.
- Assists with team strategies and analyzes performance of student-athletes.
- Recruits quality student-athletes who can excel in the academic, athletic, and social spheres at Georgia Southern University.
- Promotes an environment which places emphasis on academics and graduation, working directly with Student-Athlete Services to ensure success in the classroom.
- Assists in planning and coordinating practices, travel, and game schedules.
- Assists in planning and managing the program’s budget.
- Assists with fundraising, working in conjunction with the Georgia Southern Athletics Business Office and Athletic Foundation.
- Follows all federal, divisional, and University athletics regulations, to include rules and regulations established by the Sun Belt Conference (SBC) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
Georgia Southern University is a Smoke-Free Community.
Minimum Education Required:
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
One or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication skills (verbal and written); developed organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; and successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 04/22/2020
Job Closing Date: 5/6/2020
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/67822
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.