- Providing support and assistance to the women’s basketball program by contributing to the coaching, recruiting and administrative efforts of the department
- Providing assistance in recruiting and scouting highly-skilled student athletes while initiating oral and written correspondence and evaluating prospects from summer camps
- Assisting with various coaching and training activities during games and practices
- Assisting with game and practice preparation and player development
- Assisting with scheduling and monitoring the academic and athletic development of student athletes to ensure player eligibility and to support the educational goals of individual students
- Establishing and implementing promotional/marketing strategies to increase fan involvement and promote community support
- Getting team involved in community service projects
- Providing assistance in editing and evaluating video from practices and games
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years of college coaching and/or playing experience
- Must possess an understanding of recruitment procedures and the technical fundamentals and principles of women’s basketball
- Strong communication skills
About University of Akron:
As one of the largest employers in the region, The University of Akron is creating a community and workforce committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and in the region. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to qualified candidates who are passionate about shaping and inspiring the next generation of thinkers, experts, artists, and leaders.
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
For complete position details, visit
Job ID # 12918
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Akron, as an equal education and employment institution, is committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified individuals in its education programs or activities, including applicants for admissions or employment, will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status or status as a veteran. To further this commitment, the University complies with state and federal laws which prohibit discrimination. Questions or concerns about the administration of this commitment can be directed to the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office (uakron.edu/hr/eeoaa).
The University also strives to provide an environment free from the negative impacts of gender-based discrimination and harassment as prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Questions about Title IX can be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, the Assistant Secretary for the U.S. Department of Education or both. For more information on Title IX at the University of Akron, including how to contact the Title IX Coordinator, how to file a complaint under Title IX with the University or the Title IX process at the University of Akron, please visit the University’s Title IX page at uakron.edu/title-ix/at-uakron.