Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND is seeking a full-time women’s basketball assistant coach.
This assistant women’s basketball coach is responsible for evaluating and executing potential student-athlete recruiting under the rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA. This is position is also responsible for individual skill development, on floor teaching, and scouting upcoming opponents. The final responsibility is assisting the head coach with budgets, camps, travel, and any and all other office duties as assigned. A key responsibility is the enthusiastic implementation of and personal investment in the University’s ‘Greatness through Virtue’ whole-person development model.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Recruiting potential student athletes
- Developing our student athletes with skill development, academic and social skills
- Provide assistance to the Head Coach with activities and essential daily work associated with the program and student athletics, including but not limited to, recruitment, game preparation, on-the-floor coaching, video work, scouting, study hall, NCAA compliance, paperwork and community involvement
- Attend community service and fundraising events for both the basketball program and General Athletic Department
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two or more years of collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules, standards, practices and procedures.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated to coach, possess strong interpersonal skills and provide positive leadership in all aspects of the University of Mary and basketball program.
- Candidate will be required to have a good driving record and pass a background check
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding the ‘Greatness through Virtue’ core strategies and being able to facilitate the growth of our Scholar-Athletes in the virtues of academic life
- Must have knowledge of the game, skill level to teach the game and comprehension of evaluation talent
- Ability to recruit, retain, and coach highly talented student-athletes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
- Good oral, written, organizational and technical skills.
- Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision as needed.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to represent the department and University in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
To apply from our University of Mary career page, scroll to the top to complete the required fields. Attach your resume and click submit application. Additional attachments or anything larger than 5MB may be sent to [email protected].
To apply from outside the University’s website, click this link https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/3shi9iydhm/Assistant-Womens-Basketball-Coach?referrer=20200611163953UMPACIFUL9ZWKYRO or copy and paste it into your browser.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer