Location: Logan, Utah
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 2022-5016
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Assist head coach in identifying and recruiting athletically and academically qualified student-athletes Assist head coach in preparing student-athletes for competition Demonstrate strong support for the academic mission of the university and NCAA by coordinating with academic services to monitor the academic progress of student-athletes Act as a liaison to assigned athletic department and university entities Other duties as assigned by head coach Responsibilities also include adherence to and promotion of NCAA rules and compliance to staff, student-athletes and representatives of athletics interest; successful completion of NCAA recruiting exam, team building, and community and public relations.
The assistant coach will demonstrate an understanding and commitment to athletics programs at NCAA Division I level, have a commitment to the academic mission of Utah State University, a commitment to the academic success of the student-athletes, serve as a positive role model for student- athletes on and off the court, and work well with students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus experience that demonstrates an excellent knowledge of the techniques and strategies of the sport of Women’s Basketball
- Candidate should have successful recruiting experience and have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Must pass the NCAA recruiting test upon hiring or have already passed it for the upcoming year
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience as an assistant collegiate coach