Location: New Rochelle, New York
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Operations – Academic Support
In accordance with all NCAA, Conference and College policies and procedures, this position assists with the coordination of academic support services for student-athletes under the supervision of the Associate AD for Academics. Duties include, but are not limited to: managing and overseeing the Judge Academic Center, monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes, coordinating student-athlete progress and academic feedback reports, monitoring and reporting weekly study hall hours / excessive absence reports, and acting as a liaison between the Athletic Department and various on-campus departments and faculty members.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Athletic Academic Advisor for certain teams as assigned.
- Conduct weekly academic support/advisement meetings with at-risk student-athletes. Monitor weekly academic progress and send academic updates to coaches and sport supervisors.
- Monitor weekly study hall hours and excessive absence reports for all student-athletes and send reports to respective coaches. Run the student-athlete eligibility report twice a week to ensure athletic eligibility is being maintained.
- Purchase textbooks and required class materials for both Men’s Basketball, Womens Basketball, Men’s Cross Country / Track and Field, and Womens Cross Country / Track and Field.
- Aid in the creation of semester class schedules using the course recommendations given from The Center for Advising and Academic Services and faculty advisors.
- Assist coaches in the recruitment process of student-athletes by sharing academic information and by meeting prospective student-athletes for campus visits.
- Coordinate communication of information related to important dates, deadlines and procedures to all student-athletes, coaches and administrators.
- Oversee the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Assist with organizational, time management, and study skills through the use of creating calendars / agendas, mapping out course syllabi, scheduling tutor appointments in The Rudin Center, etc.
- Assist with game day operations during the basketball, softball, and volleyball seasons. Will step in to assist when other staff members are unable to make it to a game for their respective game day administrative roles.
- Bachelors degree in appropriate area of specialization with experience in collegiate athletics.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have competence in leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative, detail and follow up skills with student-athletes and staff members
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office