Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Operations – Ticket Office
Internal Number: 19137
Join Purdue University Fort Wayne:
Purdue University Fort Wayne Athletics is seeking an Athletic Ticket Sales and Annual Fund Director. This position will be responsible for selling season tickets, partial plans and group packages via phone calls, face to face appointments, in-facility meetings and events to grow overall athletics ticket revenue. This person also supervises the Athletics Ticket Box Office in a fast-paced, event driven, customer service focused environment. This position will also assist the Director of Athletics and the University Development staff to develop strategies to increase donor acquisition and retention for the athletics and grow the annual fund.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Build sales strategy and sell men’s and women’s basketball and men’s and women’s volleyball multi-game tickets, group tickets, corporate packages, and other ticket packages.
- Execute outbound calls, texts, emails, and other effective communication strategies to sell season, single-game and group tickets.
- Call current and past customers and cold-call new sales leads to generate sales.
- Contact area businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments and networking events to sell season tickets, corporate, partial plans and group ticket plans.
- Develop thorough understanding of University’s Credit Card system, NueLion, and cash handling policies.
- Oversee the accurate handling of revenue brought in through ticket sales and depositing of revenue.
- Coordinate home team and visiting pass lists in conjunction with the athletics compliance office.
- Create and implement theme nights in conjunction with Fan Engagement and Marketing coordinator.
- Work with the Horizon League and the Coliseum for various ticket sales and service duties throughout the year.
- Collaborate with the external relations team and ticket office regarding season ticket renewals, upgrades of existing season ticket holder seating, new season ticket sales and business/corporate engagement in the ticket sales process.
- Manage and sell premium areas for all ticketed sports.
- Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and annual sales goals established by the supervisor.
- Provide superior customer service to clients throughout the season.
- Serve as administrative support in accounting and record keeping for all ticketed athletic events and provide reports as necessary.
- Supervise Athletics Box Office and part time employees in regards to hiring, training, and daily operations in box office.
- Tracking ticket sales, season attendance, comp ticket usage.
- Responsible for daily ticket audits in SAP system.
- Print reports from ticketing system, verify income (cash, checks, credit) against report.
- Investigate overages and shortages and determine cause/effect.
- Work with Business Managers to provide daily reports and income.
- Correct sales and cash handling procedures as necessary and as directed by Purdue Policies and business manager to avoid audit problems.
- Maintain Ticket Return ticketing system, including setting up ticketed events, and contacting Ticket Return with any problems or questions, checking ticket rates for approvals and notifying business manager of any discrepancies.
- Processing requests for tickets and processing Season Subscriptions.
- Resolve customer problems using creative methods and diplomacy.
- Monitor all box office equipment and supplies and schedule service as needed.
- Work with University Box Office staff as needed.
- Collaborate with Development staff to develop strategies to increase donor acquisition and retention for the athletics annual fund.
- Execute annual giving and donor relations strategies for former student-athletes, alumni, corporations and friends to increase engagement and support in collaboration with development staff.
- Stewardship and execution of fulfillment of donor benefits related to the annual fund and Loyal Dons.
- Provide superior customer service to fans, donors, and clients throughout the season.
- Establish and build community relationships to increase business and support athletics revenue goals.
- Collaborate with head coaches to execute sport-specific annual giving strategies and other athletics fundraising efforts.
- Build relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Associate Director of Athletics for Operations.
What are the position essentials required as a Director?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Two years of experience with proven track record of sales and evidence of ability to communicate and build relationships.
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Microsoft applications.
- Have a friendly and professional telephone manner.
- Strong desire to learn business and grow your professional career.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems, Outlook e-mail and Microsoft applications.
- Aptitude to learn computerized ticketing software system.
- Effectively express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Independently take action beyond what is called for.
- Be able to generate original and imaginative solutions to business opportunities.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- This position requires great flexibility. Hours vary based on home sport schedules/events. Must maintain a flexible work schedule and work evenings and weekends.
What are the additional preferred requirements of a Director?
- Three years of sales experience.
- Track record in sales and building quality relationships.
- Experience in ticket sales a plus.