Kentucky Wesleyan College, a private, liberal arts college with a long-standing reputation for quality and academic excellence, is seeking applications for a full-time Compliance and Student-Athlete Development Coordinator. This entry-level administrative position assists with NCAA compliance, academic support, student-athlete development and welfare issues, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and supporting the goals and the policies of the college, the Great Midwest Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
This is a 10 to 12-month position and is funded by a NCAA Division II Ethnic Minorities and Women’s Internship Grant.
- Assisting in monitoring compliance with the rules, regulations, and policies of the NCAA, the conference, and the college.
- Maintaining athletic rosters in software systems.
- Assisting with monitoring eligibility (initial, continuing and transfer) across all sports.
- Assisting in the management of athletic related financial aid and National Letter of Intent program.
- Reviewing and tracking countable related activities and competitive schedules.
- Helping provide rules education to student-athletes, staff, faculty, and boosters.
- Assisting with monitoring all recruiting activities.
- Participating as member of various campus committees as appropriate (e.g., Athletic Eligibility Certification Team, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, “CARES” Team, Diversity and Inclusion Task Force).
- Assisting student-athletes with time management, study skills, and transition to college issues.
- Assisting with monitoring student-athlete academic performance and progress, study halls, and other related tasks.
- Tracking and assisting with community service activities within the Athletic Department.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational experience, attention to detail, and the ability to work with confidential information in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Previous experience with NCAA-specific athletic administration, coaching, and/or software systems (i.e., Compliance Assistant and ARMS Software) is a plus.
This full-time position has access to a full range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; retirement plans; and tuition benefits. Due to the college’s not-for-profit status, employees of Kentucky Wesleyan may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program of the US Department of Education.
To apply, complete the online application at https://kwc.edu/application-for-employment/. Include a resume and three professional references. Kentucky Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages women and minorities to apply.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An official transcript for the highest degree awarded will be required of the hired candidate, as will a background check. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Kentucky Wesleyan College
Kentucky Wesleyan College is a private, four-year liberal arts institution located in the vibrant city of Owensboro. A United Methodist-related college founded in 1858, Wesleyan is known for excellence in academics and a superior residential experience. Kentucky Wesleyan earned a #8 ranking in 2017 from U.S. News & World Report as a Best Regional College in the South, along with a #3 ranking in the South in the category of “Great Schools, Great Prices,” which measures academic quality compared to cost of attendance.
Kentucky Wesleyan students can choose from 29 majors and 13 pre-professional programs. Classes have a 12-to-1 student-faculty ratio, and 88 percent of the faculty have a Ph.D. or terminal degree. The College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees.
The College employs approximately 200 faculty and staff who work together on a single campus. Kentucky Wesleyan provides a challenging and supportive academic experience for students as well as a positive and stimulating work environment for employees. A hallmark of the Kentucky Wesleyan experience includes “The Wesleyan Way,” beliefs which guide the entire college community:
- We do everything with honor.
- We always support each other.
- We will compete with integrity.
- We love each other in Christ.
The Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers compete in NCAA Division II and are members of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Athletic teams include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.
About Owensboro, KY
Kentucky Wesleyan College is located in the hospitable city of Owensboro, Kentucky, a vibrant, beautiful, and safe city nestled on the banks of the Ohio River. Owensboro is small enough to promote a hometown atmosphere yet large enough to support many amenities usually only available in much larger cities. Daviess County is home to 110,000 residents and is easily accessible from metropolitan locations such as Louisville, KY; Nashville, TN; and St. Louis, MO.
Owensboro’s revitalized downtown area features a state-of-the-art convention center, several new hotels and a range of entertainment options with unique restaurants and shops. Twenty-five parks, totaling 953 acres, encircle the city, which hosts over 20 annual festivals – attracting visitors from throughout the region.
Additional information about Kentucky Wesleyan College, the Panthers, and the Owensboro community may be found at: