Location: Stony Brook, New York
Operations – Administrative Support
Coordinator of Women’s Basketball Operations (RP)
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher). One (1) year of full-time experience in administrative responsibilities in the sport of basketball (team scheduling, budget preparation & administration, facility usage, public relations, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program) or as a college basketball player and/or coach. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see “Special Notes”).
Additional years (2+) of full-time experience in administrative responsibilities in the sport of basketball (team scheduling, budget preparation & administration, facility usage, public relations, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program) or as a college basketball player and/or coach. Previous experience in an athletic department setting. Previous experience with a Division I Athletic Program. Experience working with Financial Aid and/or Housing. Experience with supervision of student staff, interns and/or Graduate Assistants. Understanding of NCAA Compliance Rules (played a Division I, II or III sport, coached in collegiate athletics or as a staff member in a collegiate athletic program).
Brief Description of Duties:
The Coordinator of Women’s Basketball Operations is responsible for the oversight of a variety of administrative tasks associated with the efficient operation of a Division I women’s basketball program. This position will report directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and will be the primary liaison with various athletic department staff members. The coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating team travel, scheduling of practices; facilities, official visits & recruiting records, fundraising initiatives, alumni events, ticket requests, housing, financial aid, video needs, operating budgets, equipment purchases & disbursement, camps & clinics, and academic success of student-athletes for each program. In addition, this position will be required to travel with each team throughout the season and train & supervise team managers. Other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- Compliance – The coordinator will serve as the liaison to the Compliance Office for the Women’s Basketball program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, oversight of official/unofficial visit and student-athlete complimentary ticket requests, coordinating on-campus visits (setting up itinerary, processing approvals, hospitality money disbursement), and documenting/tracking recruiting activity for both coaching staffs. Additional compliance related duties include, processing all official/unofficial visit and contact/evaluation information with the department compliance office as well as creating and maintaining a recruiting database.
- Business Operations – The coordinator will serve as the liaison with the Office of Business Operations for the Women’s Basketball program. Duties include:
- Monitoring operating budgets for each program and ensuring that expenditures are within budget guidelines and working with the business office on all purchases and budget requests.
- Coordinating all aspects of team travel to include processing itinerary with business office to ensure on-time departures, lodging reservations, transportation and disbursement and reconciliation of meal advances. Additional duties include scheduling and ordering pre-game meals for all home contests and acting as liaison with host institutions to secure practice/shoot-around times/locations, meeting space, locker rooms, and team meals.
- Working with equipment room staff on team equipment purchases, orders and disbursements. Maintain and track equipment inventory.
- Scheduling – The coordinator is responsible for scheduling all practices (home and away) and securing facilities with athletic department staff. This includes negotiating court time, providing practice schedules to support staff and setting up court in advance for practices and shoot-arounds. Additional scheduling responsibility includes working with each sport’s supervisor in completing home and away competition schedules (including negotiating guarantee games).
- Financial Aid/Housing – The coordinator is the liaison with the Sr. Associate AD in dealing with all housing issues for the Women’s Basketball program. This includes troubleshooting room assignments and scheduling intercession housing for student-athletes. The coordinator will also work with the Financial Aid Office to initiate grant-in-aid requests for prospective student-athletes.
- Academic Success of Student-Athletes – The coordinator will work closely with the Student-Athlete Development staff to track the academic progress of women’s basketball athletes. This includes, providing team travel and practice schedules in order to notify professors of missed class dates, assisting with scheduling of classes and ensuring degree progression, monitoring student-athlete class attendance, supervising study hall as needed, and meeting frequently with student-athletes to discuss potential academic problems/difficulties.
- Team Managers – The coordinator will be responsible for identifying, training and supervising student managers for the Women’s Basketball program. This includes soliciting the student body to secure managers to assist with operations during practices and away contests.
- Video Management – As allowable by NCAA and America East Conference rules, the coordinator will be responsible for handling all videotape needs for the Women’s Basketball program. This includes coordinating tape exchange for conference and non-conference opponents, splicing game film and making player cut-ups.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Evening and weekend work will be required at times.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver’s license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2201829Official Job Title: Division I Coaching Assistant (RP)Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Department of AthleticsSchedule: Full-time Shift :Variable Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: May 11, 2022Posting End Date: May 31, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: TermSalary Grade:SL1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.