Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience in the program of assignment; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience at the D1 college level, preferably at a Power 5 Conference level. (4 years)
- Experience producing baseball and women’s basketball games.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Experience with decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Experience working in stressful situations.
- Experience in working collaboratively with members of all constituencies of the department.
- Knowledge of game presentation practices and principles.
- Knowledge of effective marketing and branding activities, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
- Evidence of effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Skill in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to anticipate and develop strategies to achieve objectives.
- Ability to present plans and proposals to coaches, administrators and other staff members.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- This job requires the ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The mission of Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) is to provide opportunities for student-athletes to achieve at the highest levels of both academic and athletic excellence, thereby providing them with opportunities for personal growth, offering a unifying force to the campus community, and creating a source of pride among and support from the external constituencies of the university.
SDA is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, institutional control, gender and ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the Pac-12 Conference, and the nation.
SDA is committed to recruit, retain and develop a diversified workforce.
ASU offers a tuition discount for the employee, their spouse and dependents and a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, health insurance and more. For more benefits information, please visit http://cfo.asu.edu/benefits.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
*IMPORTANT: applications to apply are only accepted through ASU’s employment website.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated above.
To be considered, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) professional references (personal references are not accepted)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Only electronic applications are accepted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.