Creative Director – Video will be responsible for developing and bringing the Athletic Department’s brand to life through creative executions that build brand awareness and affinity for the Zags. The Creative Director – Video will ideate, design, and produce videos from concept to completion. Provide oversight and strategic direction of all videography endeavors including, features, spots, interviews, highlights, social media, in-game content, and more. In collaboration with creative, marketing, and communications will guide the strategy and management for department’s branding and social media.
VIDEO PRODUCTION – 45%
- Oversee all phases of video creation including conceptualization, scripting, planning, lighting, photographing, sound recording, editing, and graphics creation, authoring, and producing
- Responsible for shooting and editing video from live action, events, interviews, promotional initiatives, and more
- Assist in the ideation and creation of motion graphics for marketing, social media, and in-game assets
- Manage video requests from athletic staff in support of ticket sales, attendance, in-game experiences, fundraising and department initiatives
- Manage video requests from athletic coaches in support of recruiting needs
- Work with Gonzaga Sport Properties to execute sponsorship integrations into video content
CREATIVE STRATEGY & SOCIAL MEDIA – 30%
- In coordination with other Creative Directors and in collaboration with Marketing and Communications formulate content strategy, process, and protocols to enhance the performance of Gonzaga Athletics social media and branding
- Collaborate to develop and maintain strategy and content calendars to produce videos and digital elements for internal and external efforts
- Provide creative direction, estimates, and timetables for projects
- Provide social media support and guidance on gameday and events
OPERATIONS – 15%
- Manage creative video equipment and resources for the athletic department. Includes proper storage, upkeep, maintenance, and checkout process
- Organize and manage video library for Gonzaga Athletics
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors and other external partners
- Manage any creative video outsourcing from proposal through execution
- Cultivate and manage student interns to assist in video creation, social media management, and event support.
NCAA COMPLIANCE – 5%
- Employees of Gonzaga University’s Athletic Department must comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and acknowledge this compliance as part of an evaluation process.
For position details and application information, please follow the application link included in the posting.
Position is open until filled with application review to begin on 9/16/2021.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with extensive experience in Premiere Pro.
- Experience in social media strategy development and management.
- Knowledge of current social media trends and digital content strategies.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive, team-oriented, collaborative environment with irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to problem solve, think creatively and organize.
- Have a sense of urgency and work well under pressure.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Must be detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and able to work on several projects simultaneously, set priorities, meet deadlines, and have a customer service orientation.