The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Oversees communication and social media strategy for men’s basketball, working in tandem with the creative staff, as well as coaches and administration.
- Coordinates outbound messaging to elevate the Auburn Men’s Basketball brand
- Initiates and maintains appropriate contact with local, regional, and national news media representatives.
- Oversees the publication and preparation of media guides, programs, press releases, and other materials.
- Designs, edits, produces, and distributes sports information through media guides, game programs, and other appropriate publications.
- Provides information for promotion and distribution to the media. Serves as liaison to team and media for interviews and other media opportunities to include maintaining relationships with national media.
- Coordinates game-day operations to include the issuing of press credentials, preparing game notes, supervising the official stat crew and student assistants, and arranging post-game reports.
- Maintains records including statistics and historical files.
- Collaborates with other members of the Auburn Athletics External Engagement team, including marketing, ticketing, War Eagle Productions, Auburn Sports Properties, graphic design and photography.
- May serve as communications lead for an additional sport
- Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.