The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball reports directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the organization and administration of the women’s basketball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League and NCAA.
The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball must have a commitment to developing a competitive NCAA Division I basketball program, while maintaining an emphasis on the academic success of the student-athlete. The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball will be expected to assist in administering the program in a manner that promotes the health, safety and welfare of the student-athlete.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff it is expected that the Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to the position. It is also expected that the Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
The Director of Operations – Women’s Basketball duties include, but not limited to:
• Coordinate all team meals, including pre-game meals.
• Recruit, hire and train undergraduate student managers.
• Coordinate videotaping for all practices and games; edit video as directed by the Head Coach.
• Coordinate scheduling of facilities for practices and individual workouts.
• Coordinate team travel, including transportation, lodging and meals.
• Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations.
• Monitor the academics of the women’s basketball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office.
• Assist in monitoring of budget to ensure the women’s basketball program is fiscally responsible and expenditures are within the programs budget allocation as directed by the Head Coach.
• Participate in fund raising activities for the women’s basketball program and/or Department of Athletics.
• Be actively engaged within the University, as well as the surrounding communities.
• Attend Department of Athletics staff meetings and training as directed by the Director of Athletics.