- Provide support to the Head and assistant coaches as assigned, focusing on off-court and team-related administrative activities.
- Responsible for working with the Executive Associate AD/Assoc SWA to create and monitor the women’s basketball operating budget (approximately $500,000 or more).
- Responsible for designating, arranging, and reconciling all team travel. This includes but is not limited to hotel, team meal set-up, meal money, and ground and air transportation.
- Responsible for arranging and reconciling travel for all on-campus visits for prospective student-athletes.
- Responsible for working with various internal and external constituencies to arrange all practice times on the road.
- Responsible for developing an Alumnae Newsletter and organizing Alumnae events.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing a Leadership Workshop for Rising Leaders on the team.
- To oversee all activities related to team bonding and Dr. Carr’s developmental program.
- Oversee all scouting reports and coordinate all aspects related to film exchange.
- Responsible for working with the coaching staff on the development and implementation of a program of service to the Commonwealth such as clinics, speaking engagements, youth programs, etc., consistent with Department and University policies.
- Identify and organize fundraising opportunities.
- Identify program marketing opportunities, communicate with the Athletic Marketing Office, and assist in the execution if necessary.
- Responsible for the strict adherence to all Department, University, NCAA, Conference, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Attends conventions, conferences, clinics, etc., consistent with Department policy.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
- Ability to work with Scoutware, Synergy, and Game Breaker systems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated management ability.
- Ability to foster and maintain working relationships with various athletic publics.
- Ability to improve working knowledge of sport assigned.
- Meets physical, health, and emotional stability standards consistent with the demands of the position.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Division I women’s basketball administrative, coaching, and/or playing experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Typical office environment activity. Travel to other campuses required.
Variable hours depending on the demands of the position; nights and weekends required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit an online application, including a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by June 24, 2021, to ensure consideration. The position may remain open until filled.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time