- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Physical Education, Exercise Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of two to three years of collegiate experience in coaching strength & conditioning.
- Candidate will be certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC).
- First Aid, CPR and AED certification is a must and will be consistently maintained throughout employment.
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with NCAA, Horizon League and Oakland University rules, policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to travel, work weekends, evenings and some holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community are a must.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the University by the University’s insurance carrier.
- Three or more years of collegiate experience in coaching strength and conditioning at the NCAA Division I level in Women’s Basketball.
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) or Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) also preferred.
Unless otherwise required by an applicable collective bargaining agreement, all minimum, additional and desired qualifications are preferred, but qualifications, degrees, and/or experience deemed comparable and/or equivalent by Oakland University in its sole and exclusive discretion may be considered.
This is a full time, Individual Contract position. Compensation commensurate with education and experience. First consideration wil be given to those who apply by May 13, 2021.
Must apply for this position online to: https://jobs.oakland.edu