Description of Position:
This position is responsible for developing, promoting, and supporting the scouting and video operations for the Men’s Basketball program. This includes maintain the recruiting database in JumpForward, recruiting schedule, filming all practices and games, coordinating video exchange, and work with coaching staff to produce opponent scouting reports.
- Film practice every day as well as all games.
- Break down game day film in order to be analyzed by the coaches.
- Help coaches with preparing and distributing practice plans and schedule.
- Oversees NCAA film requirements, and ensures that all Pac-12 Conference video exchange requirements are met (includes technical requirements and time deadlines).
- Oversees maintenance of files, database, and organizes/archives all video in appropriate storage.
- Liaison to the Pac-12 TV Network, and other networks needing team footage.
- Create highlight films of the team for recruiting and social media purposes.
- Travel with the team and coordinate any video requirements while on the road such as setting up video equipment for coaches to watch film, and filming the away game.
- Has full accountability for inventory, storage, and maintenance of video sports equipment. Must maintain record of expenses and budgetary needs, working with staff maintain team operating budget.
- Assists with various recruiting efforts, such as maintaining recruit database, recruit response system oversight (i.e. form recruits fill out and send in to Cal), monitor communications (content, personal letter, supplemental letters, quote card, etc.).
- Works with Compliance staff to coordinate on Campus housing for the student-athletes.
- Maintain and update program that shows daily schedule and highlight reels on main TV in the office. Update program with daily schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated video experience at a collegiate or professional level.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of game editing & graphic design software.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks within demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pacific-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Prior knowledge of SportsCode Editing System and SynergySports recommended.
- Experience working with a NCAA Division I, Power 5 Conference Basketball team.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Apply online at http://jobs.berkeley.edu, indicating job #18628. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.