First Assistant Coach, Women’s Basketball
Salary: $1,434.00 Monthly
Job Type: Professional Expert
Job Number: 20-21/00025
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Closing: 5/7/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Under direction, provide assistance to the head coach in support of the college’s athletic program.
The incumbent shall perform all job related activities directly involving the specific area of responsibility. These shall include, but not be limited to, all such responsibilities listed in the position description and all other duties assigned. Exercise independent decision making within the scope of responsibilities.
- Properly execute practice and game plans throughout season.
- Recruit and scout high school talent during season.
- Participate in professional growth conferences.
- Participate in off-season fundraising.
- Provide ancillary support to head coach, i.e., reporting of scores, statistics, filming practice, etc.
- Assist in monitoring student-athlete academic progress.
- Assist in graduating and/or transferring student-athletes.
- Take and pass annual recruiting test.
- Possess a valid California driver license.
- Drive District vehicle.
- Serve as the acting head coach in their absence.
- Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience; or
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The professional experience required must be directly related to the assignment.
Working months: In-season October through March; Out of season April through June and July through September.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred – photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a 5.5-month per year, professional; expert position located at the Rancho Cucamonga campus. Starting salary of Step A, $1,434.00.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.