Location: Dallas, Texas
Coaching – Basketball
General Objectives The Graduate Assistant will provide leadership, mentorship, instruction, motivation, and support to the men’s basketball program. The goal and objective of DBU Athletics is to develop Champions for Christ, both on and off the playing surface. The four pillars of the DBU Department of Athletics include academic excellence, athletic success, community engagement, and spiritual development.
- Perform job duties in accordance with DBU’s vision, mission and values, and in a way that contributes to the development of the Athletics Department.
- Assist the head coach with administering a competitive program to include organizing, supervising, and maintaining a schedule of practices and events, coordinating physical conditioning programs with Athletic Performance staff, and instructing student-athletes in strategies and performance principles.
- Support the individual educational goals of student-athletes and provide opportunities for academic assistance to student-athletes if required, monitoring the academic progress of each participating student-athlete.
- Maintain the integrity of the athletic program through knowledge and application of NCAA rules and regulations. Demonstrate a working knowledge of NCAA rules. Inform and educate student-athletes of all appropriate NCAA eligibility rules.
- Be active in all department-wide fundraising and related professional activities.
- Be supportive of all athletic teams and other athletic department personnel.
- Practice superior customer service.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned.