Location: Painesville , Ohio
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
Coaching – Soccer
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for graduate assistant, men’s soccer. Lake Erie College is an NCAA Division II program that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). The graduate assistant is responsible for duties as assigned by the head coach and will manage a secondary responsibility as defined. This is a ten-month, two-year appointment, pending successful evaluation at the end of year one.
- Assists with the organization of all aspects of the men’s soccer program, including player instruction and development, design and execution of training, scouting of opponents, game day coaching and team operations.
- Serves as recruiter for the sport of men’s soccer, identifying and evaluating potential student-athletes and organizing their recruitment in conjunction with the Office of Admissions.
- Helps execute team fundraising efforts, including participation in camps and clinics, as well as other activities.
- Responsible for team-issued equipment and inventory.
- Assists with student-athlete study table coverage and coordination.
- Projects and promotes an inclusive education with the highest standards, where student-athletes are empowered to leave lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.
- Acts as an ambassador of the College and conducts oneself in a positive manner to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
- Operates within the mission of the College and athletics department to ensure a full NCAA DII student-athlete experience.
- Follows all institutional, GMAC and NCAA regulations regarding men’s soccer and athletics in general.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach, men’s soccer or director of athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management or related field preferred.
- Acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program required.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences.
- Collegiate playing experience preferred.
- Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record and have the ability to travel for team practices, competition and recruiting.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) via email to [email protected], (2) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (3) to Graduate Assistant, Men’s Soccer Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ and http://www.lakeeriestorm.com. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.