Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
A monthly living stipend of $1,200 and graduate school tuition. The individual may enroll in any graduate program offered by Florida Atlantic University and is subject to the entrance requirements of the university.
The Graduate Assistant position is a fully-immersive experience replicating a full-time position in the field of women’s basketball. In addition to regular office hours, this field often requires nights, weekends and holiday hours where applicable to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The Graduate Assistant shall work closely with the Women’s Basketball staff to develop skills within the area to prepare the Graduate Assistant to obtain full-time employment in the profession upon completion of his/her degree program. The central focus for this position is to coordinate and assist with all aspects of the team by performing the following responsibilities: •Create recruiting, social media and marketing content •Assist with daily coaching and planning practices •Scout opposing teams/players for game preparation •Assist with game preparation and the recruitment of qualified student-athletes to the program •Insure the health and safety of student athletes •Manage all video responsibilities •Oversee managers and work studies •Assist in making team travel arrangements including but not limited to reservations for buses, vans, drivers and hotel accommodations •Assist in skill development and conditioning •Oversee study table and academic performance of athletes •Assist and oversee summer camps, fund raising, and team meal arrangements •Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Acceptance into Florida Atlantic Graduate school of choice
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be dependable, meticulous and good at problem solving in high pressure, deadline filled setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Photoshop
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to provide own, reliable transportation to work or use public transportation to achieve punctuality
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs