This individual will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in coaching, recruiting, scouting, fundraising, camps, academic monitoring, travel and public relations endeavors as assigned by the Head Coach.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Relevant coursework/formal training strongly preferred.
- Prior basketball coaching experience. College-level experience including recruiting and camps/clinics preferred.
- Must relate well with people and have demonstrated skills and knowledge of men’s basketball, leadership abilities and organization skills. Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations and computer literacy helpful.
- Develop recruitment strategy and recruit athletes who have demonstrated athletic and academic ability.
- Develop recruiting materials and travel to recruiting appointments. Includes overnight, weekend, and out-of-state travel.
- Assess and revise recruitment process as needed.
- Instruct and coach during team practices and games.
- Observe players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coach players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of the sport.
- Assist the Head Coach in developing practice plans, scouting reports and carrying out in game strategy.
- Travel to scout opponent’s games as assigned.
- Assist with film preparation, breakdown and editing of team and individual film.
- Assist in fund-raising activities throughout the year. Includes weeknights and weekend activities.
- Assist with basketball camps.
- Assist with the strength and conditioning program.
- Be familiar with and demonstrate the ability to understand all NJCAA bylaws, ICCAC regulations, and IHCC academic and financial rules and regulations.
- Perform administrative duties in support of the basketball program including but not limited to reports, paperwork, approvals, etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Head Coach, Men’s Basketball
Coach – Exempt – Traditional Funding, at-will employment on a letter of employment
4Term, Full Time, Benefits
9 hrs/day, Monday – Thursday
$37,351, includes room and board if needed