Location: Leonardtown, Maryland
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Coaching – Basketball
High School Sports
Stipend for basketball plus full-time teaching salary if candidate is qualified
St. Mary’s Ryken (SMR) is a member of the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference, a nationally renowned athletic conference in high school education. SMR is 1 of 13 Xaverian Brother Sponsored Schools with 40 athletic teams offered at SMR at the varsity, JV and freshman level rooted in Compassion, Humility, Simplicity, Trust and Zeal. SMR seeks a Head Boys Basketball Coach to begin immediately for the 2022-23 year. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader who aligns with the mission and vision of SMR athletics and who will create a championship way of life through a transformational culture. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and experience in the areas below. We are willing to connect this coaching position to a full time opening at SMR if the candidate is qualified for both positions desired.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Uphold and model the SMR Athletics Mission and Vision while developing student-athletes of character
- Coaching practices, training sessions and film breakdown during the traditional season and off-season
- Communicating with the Director of Wellness to implement strength & conditioning schedule
- Actively recruiting and retaining student-athletes who are interested in SMR & competing at the highest level in the WCAC
- Programming plans for academic support in communication with Athletic Academic Advisor
- Supervision of team at all times while on campus for team activities
- Communicating with the Athletic Director on scheduling, vision and team needs
- Weekly communication with athletes and families about the team schedule, requirements & expectations
- Attending athletic department meetings and events
- Understanding and execution of SMR and WCAC Handbook policy & procedures
WCAC/SMR Roster management in compliance with league reporting rules
- Communicating with Sports Medicine staff
Full-Time Employment opportunities can be found at the link below for both faculty and staff positions.
Any interested candidates should apply at https://www.smrhs.org/about/careers. The position will remain open until filled. If you have any questions, please reach out to Director of Human Resources, Toyja Somerville at [email protected]
St. Mary’s Ryken also has teaching/faculty positions available in our World Languages (French), Science, Mathematics and History departments.