Location: Riverton, Wyoming
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Based on education/experience
Coaching – Basketball
Internal Number: 22-B035
**This position is open until filled, attach a current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter. Resume/CV and Cover Letter can either be attached as a .docx or.pdf or listed in the space provided in the application. If documents are attached, just list “see attachment” in the space provided in the application. For assistance, please email [email protected] or call 307-855-2112. **
The Head Coach for Women’s Basketball is responsible for managing an intercollegiate basketball program to include recruiting, instructing, and coaching students and coordinating various program related activities. The Head Coach of Women’s Basketball is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Central Wyoming College and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Provide vision, leadership and oversight for the athletic team.
- Plan, direct, and coach the program that develops student/athletes’ fullest potential while being regionally competitive and ethically run.
- Ensure compliance with and abide by National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the program.
- Recruit student athletes who can achieve academic and athletic success and supports general student recruitment in cooperation with the admissions office.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Registrar and the athletic department assistant in certifying student eligibility.
- Develop student athletes intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and interpersonally within the college’s values to aid student athletes in meeting individual and team academic and performance goals.
- Provide ongoing oversight of student athlete’s conduct both on and off the court assisting with conflict resolution, providing guidance with negotiating campus processes (i.e. registration, financial aid, residence life, campus safety, etc.) and assisting with the development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty.
- Manage the annual budget, monitors expenditures including allocation of scholarships, and develops and implements a successful fund raising plan to meet basketball program needs, goals, and objectives.
- Coordinate, with the assistance of the athletic department assistant, all team travel arrangements including lodging, meals, and mileage. Travel with the team to off-campus games, events and competitions.
- Work with Dean for Students to schedule games, travel and officials, and develop a game management plan for each home event.
- Coordinate academic and athletic awards and maintains archives of nominees and winners.
- Perform one or more of the following responsibilities as assigned: game/athletic/facility management, classroom instruction, fund raising, marketing, NJCAA compliance or public relations/sports information.
- Attend in-service week, staff development day, convocation, division meetings and other required campus wide and division events.
- Share student information with other faculty and counselors when deemed appropriate, including progress reports, attendance records, etc.
- Operate within the college’s policies and procedures.
- Perform one or more of the following responsibilities as assigned: game/athletic facility management, classroom instruction (physical education or other coursework), fund raising, marketing, or public relations/sports information.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports science, or other directly related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Three years coaching experience to include experience in a college setting or instructional/coaching experience in physical education curriculum. Basketball coaching experience preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certified or ability to be certified within 90 days of hire.
- Equivalency Statement
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- College coaching and recruiting experience.
- Expert knowledge of the sport of basketball.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to college policies, procedures and values.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics including NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and skill in proper use of equipment and spotting techniques.
- Knowledge and demonstrable ability to use personal computer software, preferably Microsoft applications.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong, effective interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Possess skill in managing budgets.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and high moral and ethical behavior.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to effectively identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation within the college, community, and other basketball professionals.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to relate with a diverse population in a professional, helpful manner and be a team player.
This position operates under the general supervision of the Dean of Students.
Reasonable accommodation will be extended to otherwise qualified individuals with a legally recognized disability.
- Equipment Used
- Computer, recruiting and statistic software, basketball nets and stanchions, serving and receiving machines, stopwatch, basketballs, scoreboard, score clock, weights, free weights and cardio machines.
- Physical Requirements
- Work requires lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in a gymnasium, office, or school setting under limited supervision. Traveling and evening/weekend work is required.
CWC is an Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-855-2112 or email [email protected]